“To recognize one’s own insanity is, of course, the arising of sanity, the beginning of healing and transcendence.” Eckhart Tolle
Having recently discovered that Eckhart Tolle not only knows about, but also speaks highly of A Course in Miracles, I am going through A New Earth again.
With fresh eyes.
It is my hope that perhaps even during this lifetime I will awaken.
I’ve always had an ongoing and insatiable thirst for truth—for who and what and where.
For the who and what and where that I am in relationship to this ever-present, unimaginable, and seemingly illusive Source/Deity. It continues to be a long, interesting, and multi-faceted journey, dotted with surprising rewards and many seeming dead ends.
Ultimately, however, I believe that. . .
- Every detail of my life has been a step toward, as well as an answer to, my lifelong search for the who and why and how.
- Each person and happenstance has been an intervention of the Divine to point my way out of insanity’s grip, and toward the finding.
- I am irrevocably joined with every other being–no matter how disgusting, horrific, or insane I perceive them to be.
- Everyone/thing is a projection of me.
- We are One.
- Until I learn to recognize, forgive, and embrace others (especially those most disgusting ), I will not recognize, forgive, or embrace myself. In all my un-gloriousness, yet basic godliness.
- Not recognizing, forgiving, loving, and embracing is insanity–the continuance of madness–the very perpetuation of alienation/evil, horror, lack of love and forgiveness that I am trying to escape.
- I will to reawaken more frequently–to the fact that we are–all of us–God.